Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Views on Harry Potter, Vindicated at Last

In a recent interview, Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling just admitted what felt right to me the whole time: that Hermione should have ended up married to Harry, not Ron. Harry and Hermione always made more sense than either Hermione and Ron or Harry and Ginny, considering their common interest in intellectual pursuits and their travels together in Deathly Hallows. (I'm not writing a full-fledged theory here. I'm sure there are plenty of online communities happy to do so.) According to Rowling, "Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not." In the case of at least one reader, and likely many others, you've done the opposite.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! This made me sad it was lovely and not stereotypical that the lead female ended up with lead male. I liked the cliche avoidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it as more that Hermione was the only woman in the books with enough personality and strength to match Harry. I feel like they'd push each other.

    ReplyDelete